Thursday, June 14, 2012

So lucky.

Please excuse me while I get really sappy and emotional for a minute.

Tonight as I was driving home, I glanced in my rear view mirror and caught the reflection of Kendall's sweet little face smiling in her sleep, in the mirror mounted on the headrest.

I wanted to stop time and freeze it at that very moment.

How did I ever get so lucky?

How is this perfect little girl mine?

I started thinking about how incredible it is that if I hadn't gotten pregnant that day....that minute....that second....even that millisecond....she would not be here today. What would my life be like today without her?

After I saw her face for the very first time, I fell in love in a way I never knew existed.

I catch myself staring at her each day, in awe of what we've created. She has my temper and impatience, and her fathers incredible eyelashes and smile.

I sit and wonder what she'll be like when she gets older. What will she look like? What will she become? I can't wait to see her grow, but I don't want to wish her life away.

Right now she is in her swing, fighting sleep and laughing. Squealing, smiling, and making noises to keep herself awake.

I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face.

I'm pathetic.

And I'm so lucky.

I ran across a quote recently that I plan to frame and hang on Kendall's wall that sums up exactly how I feel in 13 simple words....

"Because I remember life without you, and I never want to go back."

So happy......so lucky......

2 comments:

  1. Awwww.

    So, keep in mind all the things I've ever done that pissed you off while we were growing up...led you to this point! so when I told you that stain on the basement floor was really a haunted ghost pig...if I hadn't of done that - you wouldn't have that pretty little girl of yours!
    YOU'RE WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. It really shows your mother heart. It's a miracle that any of us make it here. We are lucky to have our littles :)

    ReplyDelete