Sunday, June 19, 2011

Here we go...

Inspired by my friend Caitlin, and the fact that I have desperately been wanting to get back to writing--I've decided to start up a blog again!

Some of you may have followed along with my last blog a couple years ago....it was titled "The Huizenga's" (how original, right?)

This time around, I wanted it to be more personal. I wanted the name of the blog to actually stand for something--other than my last name. So...I sat here. For well over an hour...trying to think of a clever web address for my blog. I'm not kidding when I say that literally EVERYTHING I thought of was taken.

"A Bit of Everything"...taken.
"A Little Bit of Everything"...taken.
"Inside My Head"...taken.
"Perfectly Imperfect"...taken.
"Endless Thoughts"...taken.

I started getting desperate and even the desperate attempts were met with "web address unavailable".

"Nameless Blog"...taken.
"I'm Boring"....taken.

even "Go To Hell" was taken. (yes, that was the point where I had to step away from the computer for a while).

So--I started thinking about my life. My life in a small town, my life with my husband, our cat, our house--and I realized how simple my life is. I don't live extravagantly, I don't have drama with friends or family, I have a good job, good values...my life is really simple. And to me, it's perfect.

Hence, my blog was born. "Our Perfectly Simple Life".

Most of you who are reading this first post probably know me. But, if you stumbled across this as a stranger--let me introduce myself.

My name is Erin. I live in a very (very) small town, and have for my entire life. I'm 27 years old, and have never ventured farther than 30 minutes north of my hometown to live for an extended period of time. I met my husband (Casey) in 2002, during my senior year of high school. We went on one date on March 22nd, 2002, and have been inseparable ever since. We got married in June of 2007, and just recently made the big announcement that we are expecting our first baby on December 27th, 2011! (Merry Christmas to us!)

I have a Bachelors' degree in Marketing Management, yet my current job couldn't be further from that. I have a Government job with good pay, good benefits, and a good schedule--but I would be lying if I said I woke up every morning looking forward to getting up and going to work. Someday, maybe....

My real passion in life is crafting. Sewing, creating, seeing things in a magazine and attempting to make them myself....scouring craft blogs for ideas, and challenging myself to make them. I have my own Etsy shop which has been mildly successful and has given me a little extra spending money. My dream (which will always be a dream) is to quit my job and put my complete time and energy into my Etsy shop--creating, selling, and just doing what I love to do .

I think that's enough for my first post. If you haven't gotten sick of me yet--come back soon. I am going to try and post on a regular basis, since I have really fallen off the wagon when it comes to writing--and writing is my 2nd passion, right after crafting.

I'll leave you with a picture of Baby H at 12 weeks, waving as if to say "I can't wait to meet you!" (I definitely cried when I saw this picture on the ultrasound screen!)


Talk to you all soon....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin! Excited you have started blogging again! I started my blog when I first found out I was pregnant and it has been such a great way to document everything, and so fun to look back on now.

    Congrats to you and Casey on baby H! xoxo

    ReplyDelete