Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nursery Makeover and Baby Registry!

There really isn't much to update this time around...things are going great, I'm still feeling great, and Baby H is growing like a weed. During the past week, I can't count the number of strangers who have said something along the lines of "Oh! When are you due?!" or "How far along are you!?" All I can think is "Wow, good thing I am really pregnant--because THIS would be awkward!"

One of these times I might say "I'm not pregnant." and see how they react.. :)

Things are starting to come together--as far as all the little things that were stressing me out. We bought the crib (!!) and it's currently sitting in a box in our garage, waiting to be put together. Here's a sneak peek at the one we ended up buying:

(via pali-design.com)

Isn't it beautiful!? Not too boyish, not too girlish...the perfect blend of "in between"--especially with the fabric I've picked out for the bedding. I won't give it away completely, but this is what I've ordered for fabric (and should be arriving tomorrow!)




Eeek....can't wait to get started on everything! We've also picked out the paint color for the nursery--Olympic brand "Flagstone". It's a really pretty gray, and we have a gallon of it just sitting and waiting to be applied to the walls!


We've also decided to rip the current carpet out of the room we'll use as the nursery, and replace with laminate wood flooring. Since we have pine throughout the rest of our house, we settled on Swiftlock Traditional Pine laminate flooring:



We ordered that yesterday and it should be here this coming Friday! Very exciting. Now we just have to find the time to paint, rip out carpeting, put in new flooring, assemble the crib, etc, etc...! Piece of cake (haha...)

Yesterday was a busy day for us, as we ran a ton of errands and also started our baby registry! We decided to register at Babies R Us, and I'm also registering on Amazon.com for items that aren't at Babies R Us, or even some items that you CAN buy at Babies R Us, but are cheaper on Amazon. It was a real chore yesterday, wandering through the store with the scanner, trying to figure out what we need and what we don't need. There's so much to think about and I'm sure I forgot a ton of stuff but we both got tired and knew we still had a lot errands ahead of us! We spent about and hour and a half there and when Casey started dragging his feet and staring at the ceiling I knew I had lost him and it was time to leave! I'm impressed though--we got a lot accomplished! When we got home I spent the rest of the night on the Babies R Us  and Amazon websites looking at reviews and modifying our registries. There's still a ton of things I haven't added, because I am just clueless and need advice first...but for the most part, I'm happy with where we're at so far!

I've been feeling more and more movement so that's really exciting! I made the mistake at our last appointment of asking the nurse whether it was still OK to sleep on my back--since I had read somewhere that as you get further along, laying on your back cuts off circulation to a major artery and restricts blood flow to the baby. The nurse suggested that I stop laying on my back if I can, and sleep on my side. Well wouldn't you know--sleeping on my back is still REALLY comfortable to me (more comfortable than my side) and I swear Casey wakes me up 4-5 times a night to say "Erin, don't lay on your back."  Some nights I could slap him! I wish I hadn't asked that question while he was in the room because now I can't lay on my back for more than 30 seconds without him telling me to roll over. It's cute though...it shows he's looking out for me and Baby H :)

This past week I've been really tired (like, REALLY tired) but other than that, I can't complain. Everything is still good and like I've said before--most days I forget that I'm even pregnant--with the exception of it getting harder to stand up after sitting on the couch, and harder to lean forward and pick things up! 

That's all for now--and thanks to all the moms out there who have sent me emails and messages about things to register for and things I probably won't need. It's been a huge help...keep the suggestions coming! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment