Friday, August 26, 2011

Nursery Progress!

The nursery is coming along great and so is everything else! Baby H is growing by the day, and I am too! Here we are at 22.5 weeks!


See!? My torso is so short my belly has nowhere to go but OUT! Oh well--I think it's cute, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me smile every time I walk by a mirror :)

Excitement of the week = swollen feet! Ahhh! I thought that didn't happen until after 30ish weeks? I woke up on Wednesday morning and my feet felt "tight"....it's hard to explain...they just felt different. So, I looked down--saw my feet, and thought "WHERE THE F ARE MY ANKLE BONES!?" I was mortified! I started poking at my feet trying to figure out whether they were really MY feet or if I was dreaming. I've always had slender, skinny, bony feet and I suddenly woke up with fat elephant feet, sausage toes and cankles! (for those of you who aren't familiar with cankles, it's when your calves and ankles just kind of mesh together--not cute).

I headed off to work and throughout the morning felt my shoes getting tighter on the top of my feet. I thought I'd slip them off and take a peek. To my horror--I could see INDENTS where the straps of my shoes were! Oh helllll no!

I texted Casey to tell him how weird it was that my feet were swollen and it wasn't even hot out. Bad idea. I got a series of text messages back along the lines of "you need to elevate them" and "you need to call the doctors" and "did you call the doctors yet?" Ay yi yi....

Eventually I did call the doctors office, just to be sure--and the nurse said as long as my blood pressure was still fine at home (it is--in fact, last I checked it was 96/68!) and as long as my vision was not blurry and I had no headaches, that swollen feet were perfectly normal. She said it could have been something as simple as too much sodium a couple days in a row. I'm sure the Shaw's chicken tenders for lunch and Costco pizza for dinner didn't help....oops.

Anyway, 2 days later my feet are still a little swollen but not as bad. They started to hurt last night but sleeping on my left side seems to help and by morning they aren't looking as monstrous anymore.

As far as the nursery goes--we've been on a ROLL! Here are some picture of the room to begin with. It was perfectly fine--but I wanted to change it a little.





Blah. Boring. White walls and off-white carpet? That is way too boring for a baby's room!

We picked out a pretty shade of medium gray (which the photos don't do justice!) Here's the grand reveal of the new walls:






Much better! But--the carpet just HAD to go. After all--I have my Ikea rug to put in there, and I'm not about to put a rug over carpet! We decided on laminate pine wood floors, instead of soft pine like we have throughout the rest of our house. Our cat scratches the soft pine, so I didn't want that in the nursery. It would be ruined so quickly! Here are some progression pictures of the flooring install. It went pretty quickly and easily (ha, Casey is the one who did all the hard work of cutting and measuring! I just passed him the boards and pressed down when he told me to!)










Beautiful! I absolutely love it! Don't mind the missing trim and the heat register which is off...those will be going back on soon!

Next step--put in the Ikea rug (unless it covers too much of the floor...then I'll use it for another room istead), put the crib together and get it in there, and put the wall decals on! I can't wait to see how those come out. 4 birch trees---so cute! The grand reveal will be coming soon....

On a sappy note...I love watching Casey work. Watching him work so hard on Baby H's room makes my heart melt--as corny as that sounds! He is such a hard worker and the way his brain works compared to mine is incredible. I could stand there for an hour scratching my head and trying to figure out how to tackle the flooring--but he gets to work so quickly and doesn't stop. I can see the wheels in his head turning as he's measuring and cutting and fitting everything together. I stood there most of the time asking dumb questions and making "suggestions" and he was so patient and would explain to me why my ideas wouldn't work. That is precisely why I was NOT in charge of this project. He made it look so easy and I was standing there scratching my head most of the time! He did such a great job and I'm so lucky to have such a hard working husband! He was on a mission to get that flooring started and finished the NIGHT he picked it up from Lowe's....I was thinking we'd wait until the weekend!

Other than that--life is good! We're having an open house on September 11th since we haven't had any luck selling yet, so we'll see what comes of that. At this point I'm perfectly content staying in our house until the baby is born, and then deal with selling after the new year. We'll see what happens....

That's all for now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment