Saturday, July 30, 2011

Almost halfway there!

I figured I'd post a few updated pics of me and Baby H. These were taken today at 18.5 weeks...another 10 days and I'll officially be "halfway there" !!




He or she is growing--and I certainly am too! I've definitely noticed it more these last couple weeks.

I'll start off this post with a complaint.

I. Can't. Find. Any. Pants. That. Fit.

Seriously.

I had a hard enough time finding pants that fit BEFORE I was pregnant--and now that I'm pregnant, it's become mission impossible! I need "long" sizes (because my legs are so freaking long) and I'm finding that those aren't easy to come by in maternity pants. Sure, Gap has long sizes--IF I want to blow $80 on one pair! And that's just one pair--I need 4-5 pairs to get me through a week at work. And to add insult to injury, no Gap Maternity that I've been to (I've checked 4) has had my size in stock. They've had every other size known to mankind, but not 4 Long. Seriously--just my luck! I can always order online but I'm so weird about buying clothes online--I'm PICKY and need to try them on first to make sure I like them.

Same with Old Navy. I tried some on yesterday and they were OK everywhere except the length. Did they have my size in stock, in long? Of course not!

So...I've been living in shorts during the weekends, and my old navy stretchy skirts during the week at work. I can't wear jeans to work (and I have ONE pair of maternity jeans) so I am in desperate need of maternity WORK pants, in long. Shirts are fine, I'm not really finding a problem with those.

There, enough complaining. Onto the fun stuff!

My brother and I went on a mini road trip to Massachusetts yesterday to the Ikea in Stoughton. I scored the PERFECT rug for Baby H's nursery.....4.5 feet by 6.5 feet, for $19.99! It was definitely my best purchase of the day.

It's perfect, and totally goes with my color scheme "vision" that I have going on. 

I also made my very first Baby H purchase (besides the rug). 2 of these little guys....I couldn't resist!


Otherwise, I haven't bought ANYTHING for Baby H....I know, I'm a mean mom--right? I guess I'm just waiting a little longer. Why? I'm not quite sure.

I think part of my problem is that our house is for sale and I don't know where we'll be living when he or she makes his or her appearance. I don't want to go buying stuff and setting up the nursery, only to have our house sell and be moving everything out. On the other hand, I don't want to plan the nursery around the room in the house we want to buy, because what if we're not living there when December rolls around? In other words, someone, buy my house--please! Help a sister out here!

On the crafting front, I've made some adorable interchangeable pacifier clips and plan on making a ton for my Etsy shop and also for a craft show I'm participating in this Fall. Baby H is going to be one stylin' baby! I can't wait to make more, in every fabric possible :)


As far as movement goes--I've still been feeling odd flutters/twinges (usually when I'm hungry, or while I'm eating) so I'm really hesitant to call it "movement". I'm leaning more toward hunger twinges or digestion? I have no idea...I'm just waiting for the moment when I KNOW that it's movement. That will be an exciting day :)

I guess that's it for now. Another 2 weeks until our 20 week ultrasound where we will NOT be finding out the gender. Surprisingly, it's not eating me alive...I love the surprise aspect of it all and I won't be caving in, so don't even bother trying to convince me to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment